The magnificent blossom unfolds gradually one petal at a time, till full bloomed in the morning when the sun’s rays touch the flower. As the lotus awakens and blooms at the first rays of the morning sun, the lotus and sun interdependence is a symbol of love. The mud in which the lotus roots grow represents material life, while the water through which the stalk passes represent the astral world. When the plant reaches the surface of the water and opens its bud to the sun, it represents spiritual being. The crown chakra is also called ‘The Thousand-petalled lotus’, which is a symbol of final revelation. It is believed that the transformation of the world into a paradise can occur through the lotus, which expounds fully the oneness of all life. In Buddhist tradition, the fully opened lotus has a strong solar character, and its petals are likened to the rays of the sun. It is a symbol of enlightenment in this tradition. In Egyptian tradition also the same theme is repeated. The lotus brings harmony into all aspects of our being within and without.
As a flower essence lotus has many uses:
- It is called the spiritual elixir. It helps in meditation by calming the mind and improving concentration. Thus it assists spiritual growth. (Take seven drops before meditation.
- Lotus balances and amplifies the effects of other flower essences when used in a combination.
- Lotus corrects emotional imbalances by allowing gentle release of emotions. For example, a case of severe backache may be due to a suppression of emotions, storing of negative emotions, and can be helped by release of emotions through dreams.
- In general, it hastens recovery from illness.
- It is very good aid to healers in diagnosing patient’s conditions more accurately, and ameliorates the anxiety of a healer about his patient’s problems.
- When in doubt about which therapy to prescribe for a patient or when the patient’s condition is confusing, Lotus opens up the case by clearing the picture. So it can be given at the start of therapy.
- When used with crystals, it is very powerful in effect.
- All the chakras are aligned and balanced by releasing/adding/directing energies to them, thus resulting in better health and harmony.
- Lotus aids in cleaning up the entire system of toxins, physical or subtle.
- Lotus is an excellent elixir for balancing, cleansing, and strengthening the aura.
- It is good when used as a spray around the place of ceremonies.
- Can also be used in bath therapy.
- It is a good harmonizing essence for interpersonal relationships.
- When used with affirmation and visualization, it is more beneficial.
- Can also be used locally along with lotus oil.
- When used for plants, they need lesser water and sunlight.
- It helps us in bonding our relationship with animals, when used by both.
- Can also be used as Lotus cream and lotion base.
- It also used on acupressure points (DU20/Bahul and others).
- Astrology, Kinesiology, Aromatherapy, Homoeopathy and tissue salts can all have a better impact when used along with Lotus.
BN: Nelumbo nucifera or Nelumbium speciosum.
Other names: Kamal, Padma